5 Reasons to Study in Criminology
This article will let you know about a beautiful school program that you can apply in. I'm living in Québec in the big city of Montréal. Montreal have a lot of big colleges. Colleges is schools where you can learn in more valuable programs than in high school. I chose the Youth and Intervention Correctionnal Program in Ahuntsic Collège. Ahuntsic has many techniques on different field of study. There are a lot of things you will increase with going to college but I will talk to you about more specific reasons to study in MY program.
1. You will get a great job
A Youth and Adult Correctionnal Technician can have $20/hour in Quebec for his/her first year of job. That's a great beginning salary. You can also work in different places at the end of your program or you can definetly goes to a higher level and continue your field of study in University. Criminalist is also a passionate job. You spend your days to give and help people. Be kind with people is a great quality, but helping people in need all day long... that's a hard but passionate job.
2. You will have different opportunities
Work as a Youth and Adult Correctionnal Technician can open you a lot of doors. You can definetly work as a Technician in community organizations with street people. You can work with kids in institutions or in school, you can work in prisons with adults or you can go higher in your field of study and goes to university. Criminology can also add many other doors...
3. You can travel
This program (in Ahuntsic college) offer students to lern more with travelling. At the end of this program, we have the opportunity to do our internship in France. There's a great opportunity to increase our practices in another country and culture. We always got a lot to learn and travelling in internship can help us. We will learn more about criminalistic interventions that we won't do in Quebec but in France will be right.
4. You will always learn more
In Youth and Adult Correctionnal Program, I always learn more than what I already know. There's so much things you can know about killers, criminology, sociology, facts... People often think that they already know a lot of stuff. In this program, I found myself learning more stuff than I think. In criminology, there will always have new cases, new killers, new practices that you can learn about. That's the biggest fact of why I study in this program. When you think you're done with practices, someone with new skills will make you think otherwise.
5. You will help people
People in need are everywere. At the corner of your street, they might be someone who haven't eat this morning. Some people have big difficulties in school, others have problems with drugs or prostitution. My job will be to help people to get out of their problems and be able to live a normal life. This seems easy but it's not. Try to makes a prostitute reflects that her PIMP is not as good as she thought. Try to tell a mother that she have not the good maneers to educate her child. This job is really hard. Our job is not to be cruel people and tell people what to do with their life. Our job is to awarness people that bad habits can destroy their life. We try to sensitize population with messages or interventions. Maintain good habits is a job people can only do by themselves, we're just there to help and support them.
Conclusion
To conclude this short article, I just want to let you know that Youth and Adult Correctionnal Program is a tough program, but a beautiful one. You will be grateful to all the intervention you will do with someone when they realize some things in their life and make changes by themselves. We try to do a good job to society.

Hi Eve, I have the same weird passion for serial killers and Im sure I'll loooove your blog so thanks for putting some of your time in it! I just want to know how long is your technique ? Thanks! :)
RépondreSupprimer